[rescue] SGI Indy

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Mar 7 00:57:53 CST 2003

I have some questions and I'm also taking offers....

I have a number of Indy systems... all have good CPU speeds...

I have R4400/200MHZ/XL and R5000/180MHZ/XZ.

I have not decided on how to deal with this stuff... I'm unemployed
currently, so maximizing the $$$ is important.

I see I have two choices... sell the systems... or... part 'em out...
R4400/200MHZ CPUs, R5000/180MHZ CPUs, XZ graphics boards, memory, drive
sleds, Sony power supplies, etc....

I am normally not the parting out type... but with money being so tight
if that is going to make a significant difference in $$$ coming in, I have
to go that route....

So my question to you all is...

1. what would you do... whole, or part out ?
2. What should I expect ro roughly get for each Indy type whole
3. What could I get for R4400/200MHZ CPUs as upgrades
4. What could I get for R5000/180MHZ CPUs as upgrades
5. Is there a demand for Sony power supplies, what should I expect here ?

I've scanned ebay, but it's hard to say what I could get for the cpus
and xz cards, as there aren't any that I find sold as upgrades in a
completed auctions search.

System prices swing wildly on ebay.... and are definately not seeminly based
on config (seeing R5000s go for less than R4600 ! yikes !) ... pricing seems
to have lots of fluctuation....

I'll have a similar dilema with some Indigo 2 systems too.... although most
of those are already devoid of RAM, drives, and sleds... and most all of them
are XZ graphics.... not much left to part out except possibly the cpus if
any of them are beyond low end, and the xz cards possibly for those that
want to setup a second head.....

Well, this has gotten long enough...

If anyone is looking for Indy or Indigo systems or parts... e-mail me
(don't ask for Cosmo compress, or anything fancy... these systems are pretty
plain).

Also, I have some sets of Irix 6.5 ... if anyone is looking for a set make
a reasonable offer...

-- Curt