[rescue] interest in RS/6000 591 systems/parts?

r. 'bear' stricklin red at bears.org
Fri Mar 7 01:49:49 CST 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 06:30  PM, Loomis, Rip wrote:

> Probably worth posting some ballpark stuff to the list once
> systems are available--that might help flush some other
> folks out of the woodwork.

Here's what I have left. Let's give it a shake and see what falls out.

* qty. (2) 7013-591 chassis & power supply, 1.4M 3.5" floppy, 4x CD-ROM
   - one chassis with keys, one without

* qty. (6) 128 MB memory cards
* qty. (1) 4.0GB 4mm DDS2 internal drive
   - I'd like to keep this and put it in my 7030-3CT, but I lack
     the proper rails. Maybe somebody can trade me.

* qty. (3) Fast/Wide differential MCA SCSI boards 4-C
   - these seem to have an internal Fast/Wide single-ended interface,
     in addition to the external differential interface.

* qty. (1) Fast/Wide single-ended MCA SCSI card 4-7
* qty. (1) POWER GXT150M graphics board 1-E
* qty. (2) Uniprocessor 100base-T MCA ethernet cards 9-K

What I don't have are drives. If it's really a huge deal, I could go
grab a couple of DHCS 04W drives or something, so that the complete
system ships with AIX, but while I have a small handful of internal
wide SCSI cables that fit these cards (enough for two systems and a
spare or two for mine), I have no drive mounting hardware to offer.

As far as freight goes, it's more their physical size than weight
that's going to cause trouble. They're not that heavy, especially not
compared to, say, a 7013-J40. I guess in the neighborhood of 80 to 90
pounds, since I'm able to carry them without straining too terribly
hard. I can deliver complete systems about as far as Eugene, OR.

What I think I'll do is take closed bids from folks, on what they think
they want, and then try to put together a picture of what should go where.
Ideally I can send both chassis to loving homes, but I realize that's not
necessarily realistic.

ok
bear