[rescue] Re: Octane woes

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 6 20:14:06 CST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:

> Now, can anyone say how to identify the troublesome IP30 mainboard ?

hinv -v -m

Look for an IP30 part number of 030-0887-003.

> Is it expensive for a dual processor module ?  what about R12K modules ?

Yes, and yes.  But, like all things, good deals occasionally pop up.

> Wouldn't mind finding better graphics too...  ESI can have or not have
> the TRAM I believe... how can I tell if I have TRAM  (w/o an OS loaded) ?

/usr/gfx/gfxinfo once you have IRIX installed.  I -think- hinv from the
PROM monitor will tell you that.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "They're like candy for your ass."
Thorndale, TX      (*                       --Doc Shipley