[rescue] Re: Octane woes

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Fri Mar 7 02:48:35 CST 2003

Hello Curtis,

Friday, March 7, 2003, 2:53:36 AM, you wrote:

> it is live again....

  good to hear. ;-)

> Wouldn't mind finding better graphics too...  ESI can have or not have
> the TRAM I believe... how can I tell if I have TRAM  (w/o an OS loaded) ?

  The TRAM is a small module covered by these massive black heatsinks
  that you already know from the rest of the graphics board. It plugs
  into the only free space on the graphics board. So if you have two
  heatsinks (one big, one small) you should have TRAM and if you can
  spot an "empty space" you don't.

  If you begin hunting for a TRAM module: Note that E class graphics
  requires a different (faster) TRAM module than the original Octane I
  class graphics.

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de