[rescue] Origin 200 - flaky serial console

Steve Hatle shatle at nfldinet.com
Thu Mar 6 10:59:10 CST 2003

On 3/6/03 10:32 AM, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com> wrote:

>> been to the wrong sort.
>
> You ought to go to the Hamvention in Dayton, OH, then.

> Real deals on stuff, too.

Is it worth it as far as the kind of stuff people on this list like to find,
that is non-Intel computers, etc.? Don't have any interest in the radio end
of it myself.

The quality of stuff (where "quality" is defined as stuff I would want to
buy <grin>) has declined at the local hamfests in the Twin Cities, IMHO.

My sister and husband live between Cincy and Dayton, and I've often thought
a long weekend trip for the Dayton show might be in order. I could stay at
her place and be half an hour away.

Add a trip to the Wright-Patterson AFB museum, and you have an excellent
geek outing! Now- I just need to figure out how to leave my wife at home and
bring my scrounging buddies instead :-)

Steve