[rescue] Followup Re: Help with Laserjet 4SI duplexer error (phantom pain)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Mar 5 21:46:21 CST 2003

Thanks again to Scott Newell and Andrew Weiss for their advice.

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 01:51:07PM -0800, Robert Novak wrote:

> Hmmm. Thanks to both for your advice. I just turned on another IIIsi
> (I have 4 printers in need of testing) and it says it has the duplexer
> installed. Apparently the big open space behind the left panel is not
> where the duplexer would go if it were installed, but in fact where it
> is installed.

It turned out that the duplexer was a bit warped and wasn't meeting
the right sensors or something. We took it out and put it in a 3SI and,
although it still makes that vile crunching noise, it functions. So I
put the good quiet duplexer in my keeper unit and left the rest as
they were.

Turns out all four printers work. All have postscript, two have duplex,
and they have 6-26MB of RAM. Now I just need to get some Excedrin and
Doans :)

--Rob