[rescue] Re: Help with Laserjet 4SI duplexer error (phantom pain)

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Mar 5 15:51:07 CST 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 03:43:02PM -0600, Scott Newell wrote:
> >Does anyone know how to convince a 4SI that the missing duplexer is
> >in fact not there, or anything else that might get it past this error?
>
> When I upgraded my 4si, I just slapped the duplexer in and all was
> goodness.  There's a menu entry under the printing menu for the duplexer,
> but I'm pretty sure that only determines whether or not it duplexes when
> you shoot raw text at it.

Hmmm. Thanks to both for your advice. I just turned on another IIIsi
(I have 4 printers in need of testing) and it says it has the duplexer
installed. Apparently the big open space behind the left panel is not
where the duplexer would go if it were installed, but in fact where it
is installed.

So I'm going to do some more poking and look for a screwdriver and see if
removing the duplexer fixes it. Or swap in one from the 3SI.

-Rob