[rescue] Small serial terminal

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Tue Feb 18 13:12:20 CST 2003

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 09:09:03AM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
	[snip]
> For dedicated terminal stuff I usually use a Compaq Contura Aero - it's a
> 486-33Mhz and only about twice the mass of a Toshiba Libretto.  I recall
> that the display was a little wonky to get X running, but managed to find a
> binary X server and a config file - that was 5 years ago, so I think that it
> should be very easy to find an X binary now.
	[snip]

I loved/hated that little compaq. It was great for occasions like
needing a serial terminal or dropping onto a network to run tcpdump
(and for playing VGA Planets, I dual booted mine with
PCDOS). Particularly hated the pcmcia floppy drive and the way it
would step the cpu down to half-speed when it was present at boot. And
I still hate compaq's rompaqs and drivers.

33MHz? Must have been a later model than the one I had, I had 16MHz.

- Ross