[rescue] Small serial terminal

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Feb 18 08:09:03 CST 2003

Larry Snyder <larrys at lexis-nexis.com> wrote:

> Hmmm...coulda been an old psion.  They had some strange stuff back
> then.

I've got a Psion in a box at the house.  It's seen better days, but it is
prettty nifty hardware.  I don't recall that this model had a com port on it
though.

For dedicated terminal stuff I usually use a Compaq Contura Aero - it's a
486-33Mhz and only about twice the mass of a Toshiba Libretto.  I recall
that the display was a little wonky to get X running, but managed to find a
binary X server and a config file - that was 5 years ago, so I think that it
should be very easy to find an X binary now.

--
Kurt                 " Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to flagellate
kurt at k-huhn.com        myself with a soldering iron."