[rescue] Ultra1 OBP firmware message on installation boot

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Thu Feb 13 07:00:47 CST 2003

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 06:28 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> AFAIK, the only concern was security, and the ability to run 64 bit
> software. I never heard a claim that either was faster than the
> other...

I don't know if it's a valid test or not, but when I run my Ultra-1
(200mhz model) in 64bit mode it seems to take much less time to crunch
on seti at home packets. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I believe
in 32bit mode it was doing a packet in like 34 hours, and in 64 bit
mode it takes around 25 or so.

-Mike