[rescue] Ultra1 OBP firmware message on installation boot

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 05:28:46 CST 2003

--- "Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:
> On boot, the installer gives a message about using the 32bit OS
> instead of 64bit OS.
>
> I googled and found out how to change it, but my question is, is
> there a performance difference between the 2 kernels?

AFAIK, the only concern was security, and the ability to run 64 bit
software. I never heard a claim that either was faster than the
other...

Sorry, doesn't really answer the question, but I've never heard/seen
perf. comparisons between the two (maybe, in a backhand way, that does
tell you something).

=====
Lionel

http://shopping.yahoo.com