[rescue] SGI TMEZZ Diagnostic failure? was SGI/PS2 Keyboards/Mice?

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Sat Feb 8 13:24:41 CST 2003

I thought I would follow up..

The seller got back to me and loaned me a SSI/2xTRAM to dink with over
the weekend.  As such, I've a working MXI boardset now. It even passes
diagnostics.  (Schweet. :-) :-) )

FWIW, Setting the console to serial, and then running 'ide fe' is your
friend. :-)

(A couple of questions from my 'dinking'..

1) Is the bottom (Slot D) TRAM supposed to run that much hotter than the
top one?  (That thing gets _HOT_ and quickly.)

2) Anyone know what the relationship is between RSS-0, RSS-1, and the
physical TRAM locations?   The ide diagnostics seem to imply there are
acutally 4 TRAM's.in each 'RSS'.   (In particularly, the bad TRAMS were
failing DMA tests.)  ??

Thanks for everyone's input.

David

PS: The original "cheap" keyboard that started this whole thing did turn
out to be dead.  <Homer mode>"DOH!"</Homer mode>