[rescue] Solaris on a PPC (now VMS)

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Feb 5 22:57:14 CST 2003

Any idea if OpenVMS will run on an Aspen Alpine 275XS ?

What about the Alpha 166 "noname" DEC motherboards ?

Is there a URL with OpenVMS versions and their supported hardware
(without digging around forever through searches) ?

Is it pretty straightforward to get the free hobbyist license ?
Anyone got the URL/info handy ?

Of course, if OpenVMS won't run on the Aspen Alpine or the
DEC made "noname" 166, then there is always the MicroVax I've
aquired.... or does the later OpenVMS stuff only support Alpha ?

Been a long time since I SYS$SYSTEM'ed :-)

-- Curt

<mailto:rescue-request at sunhelp.org?subject=subscribe>