[rescue] SGI TMEZZ Diagnostic failure? was SGI/PS2 Keyboards/Mice?

David Holland dholland at woh.rr.com
Fri Feb 7 01:17:19 CST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 02:05, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On 7 Feb 2003, David Holland wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to attempt to figure out which tram is dead with out
> > having a third handy? (IE: Can you run the SSI board w/ only one TRAM in
> > it?)
>
> No.  You need both.  If you have an SI card handy, you can use that to
> test the TRAMs.  SE will -not- be a suitable test card, and will destroy
> the TRAM.

More internet research turned this up after I asked the question.  (On
Ebay of all places) - Nope, don't have a SI card handy.

It's my impression however, the TRAMs for a SE/SSE will work in a SI/SSI
however(?). Just not the other way around.

> > (Yes, the Texturing is important to me.  That, and a Octane w/ SSI is
> > not what I 'bought'.  Octane w/ MXI is.)
>
> Both are very important points.  There's an expensive difference between
> MXI and SSI.

I've already sent email to the guy I bought it from.  We'll see what the
morning brings.

Thanks for your help.  I'm calling it a night before I have to go into
work before I've been to bed.

David