[rescue] SGI TMEZZ Diagnostic failure? was SGI/PS2 Keyboards/Mice?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Feb 7 01:05:46 CST 2003

On 7 Feb 2003, David Holland wrote:

> Is there any way to attempt to figure out which tram is dead with out
> having a third handy? (IE: Can you run the SSI board w/ only one TRAM in
> it?)

No.  You need both.  If you have an SI card handy, you can use that to
test the TRAMs.  SE will -not- be a suitable test card, and will destroy
the TRAM.

> (Yes, the Texturing is important to me.  That, and a Octane w/ SSI is
> not what I 'bought'.  Octane w/ MXI is.)

Both are very important points.  There's an expensive difference between
MXI and SSI.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "The clue phone is ringing, and it's for you."
Thorndale, TX      (*                                 --Dave McGuire