[rescue] Good FDDI Concentrator?

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Wed Feb 5 17:16:48 CST 2003

Stoned koalas drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Andrew Weiss exclaimed:

> Why not just put a DEFPA and an ethernet board in a PC and route between
> the subnets.  This is what I'm planning on doing.  I'd route with
> something else, but right now I'm going on what I've got close to
> complete hardware for.

I was thinking about doing something similar if I couldn't find/afford a
FDDI concentrator/bridge with a fast-e uplink.  I think I'd rather do it
with a Sparc 5 or something though.

That brings up another question.  It looks like Sun made several different
S-Bus FDDI cards.  Which is the most reliable, and more importantly, still
supported in Solaris 8?

-Jeff

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org