[rescue] Good FDDI Concentrator?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Feb 6 02:08:05 CST 2003

On 2003.02.06 00:16 Jeff Workman wrote:

> It looks like Sun made several different S-Bus FDDI cards.
> Which is the most reliable, and more importantly, still
> supported in Solaris 8?
I have a NPI FDDI card in my SS5. The same card was sold with a Sun
label... I don't know what version of Sun FDDI card it has. I tried it
with Solaris 2.6. Performance is low, I got only a few MB/s. The older
SGI Indigo2 R4k4 is much faster. Most importand: Never ever unplug /
replug the FDDI cables while the FDDI interface on the Sparc is up. The
machine will crash immediately (hard hang, powercycling needed).
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen