[rescue] Ultrix or What to do with a VAX 4000/300 DSSI

David A de Gruyl david at bhaermandegruyl.org
Wed Feb 5 08:13:24 CST 2003

* on [03-02-05 08:42] Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:
>Sorry, Ultrix does not support the VAX-architecture in that machine. I
>believe Ultrix development seased before it ever got ported to that
>architecture.
>The VAX6000-600 series shares the same problem, and from what I know,
>shares the same(?) VAX-architecture.

Bleck, and Digital Unix is alpha only.

>I'd say, inject NetBSD on the beast, if you can find yourself a
>supported harddisk controller that is...

yeah, I was hoping differently.  Actually I should muscle the external
disks out of the enclosure, and check whether they are in fact supported
by NetBSD (as it appears they are).  The really unfortunate thing is
that the KZQSA (SCSI) controller is not supported but the KFQSA (DSSI -
external) is supported.  The internal DSSI bus is also kind of
troublesome.

Good news is that it can run as a diskless box.  One hell of a box to
run diskless though.

David

--
David de Gruyl <david at bhaermandegruyl.org>