[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Michael Free mfree80286 at adelphia.net
Sat Feb 1 14:50:11 CST 2003

The air force still flies B-52's, some of them, though refitted, were in
service prior to 1965. IIRC many of the Navy's Viking and Intruder aircraft
date from the end of the Vietnam era, A lot of the F-14 fleet was built
around the era Columbia was, though.

The simple fact is, there is no replacement for the Orbiter fleet, and
they're in trouble now that they're down to 3.

Mike Free