[rescue] Re: [geeks] Crap! Not again...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey.Mendelson at mobileye.com
Sat Feb 1 14:53:08 CST 2003

Joacim Melin wrote:
> Though I no nothing about space shuttles, I wonder if the airforce
> would use an aircraft in active duty built 1981 ?  As far as I know,
> the Columbia was built around that time, but I might be wrong in both
> cases.

Until they were retired there were B52 airframes in use from the early
50's  (late fourties?). Most of them were older than their crew.

> And as far as the theories that this is a terrorist act - try taking an
> aircraft down that's flying at a high altitude like the Columbia was at
> a speed of 20000km/h.  I don't buy it - I think this is an accident,
> pure and simple. A really unfortunate one at that.

It could have been a terorist act. All someone had to do was to
pry up a heat proof plate and stick a little C-4 under it.

As for "guests" there are "guests" on almost every shuttle flight.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
MobilEye Vision Technologies Ltd, R.M.P.E House, 10 Hartom St. Har Hotzvim