[rescue] analog routers...

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Aug 24 03:11:57 CDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 11:07:26PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> > Any advice on what would be a good analog router?
>
> > I need something cheap.
>
> You can't get cheaper than the setup I used in Texas; all the equipment was
> on-hand, little of it acutally purchased.  My wife's school _gave_ me the
> Dell, it wasn't modern enough for 'em.
>
> Dell OptiPlex 433

Ah, but this is using a PC to do the job of a small box that takes up
less space, and uses a whole lot less power.

In the future, I hope to have a real net connection, and I have a 4-port
ethernet setup for Sun to build a really nice gateway and firewall.

Until then: small, cheap, not a PC... :)

> http://www.freesco.org/

I wonder if lawsuit-happy SCO has seen this URL?  :)

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon at widomaker.com