[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Aug 22 03:47:52 CDT 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Paul Weissmann wrote:

> The SPP1200/XA is a different beast in a completely different, very
> stylish casing. It has 8-128 PA7200 CPUs.
>
> The SPP1200/CS is then actually a smaller version w/ less CPUs and
> bandwith than the above.

In a previous life (I mean lab) I worked on a SPP1200 with 32procs, and a
C3600 (or something like that) which was a "proper" convex (Vector GaAs
technology). The SPP had a very neat case, and the thing that everyone
remmebered were the actual LEDs on the sides, big about a 2 inches each
leds that formed a column on the side and moved with the load, think of a
BeBox on steroids. Neat machine, crappy bandwidth though...