[rescue] Re: Throw another packet on the server...

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Fri Aug 22 04:28:24 CDT 2003

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez [lefa at ucsc.edu] wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, Paul Weissmann wrote:
> >
> > The SPP1200/XA is a different beast in a completely different, very
> > stylish casing. It has 8-128 PA7200 CPUs.
> >
> > The SPP1200/CS is then actually a smaller version w/ less CPUs and
> > bandwith than the above.
>
> In a previous life (I mean lab) I worked on a SPP1200 with 32procs, and a
> C3600 (or something like that) which was a "proper" convex (Vector GaAs
> technology). The SPP had a very neat case, and the thing that everyone
> remmebered were the actual LEDs on the sides, big about a 2 inches each
> leds that formed a column on the side and moved with the load, think of a
> BeBox on steroids. Neat machine, crappy bandwidth though...

A picture of a SPP1200/XA can be found e.g. on:
<http://www.openpa.net/systems/images/convex_SPP1200-xa.jpg>

Max. I/O-bandwidth is 4 GB/s, peak perf. is 30.7 GFlops for a 128-CPU
system.

And the smaller model is called /CD, not /CS, as I wrote earlier,
sorry.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.