[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Aug 20 14:21:57 CDT 2003

On 2003.08.20 20:01 Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> You can't say any *NIX browser is rock steady?
Mozilla? I am surprised, but 1.4 works very well.

> Other than that, I use WinAMP,
My SGI Indigo2 R10k with mpg123 needs about 5% CPU for playing a MP3.
xmms needs about 11% due to all its useles GUI overhead.

> watch DivX-movies
Isn't there a DivX playder for IRIX? I think someone reported success
with some DivX player on NetBSD/Alpha on the port-alpha mailing list.

> Oh, and surf pr0n. :-)
I feel much more comfortable doing this with *ix, because I can be sure
that all that spyware only works on M$Win.

> And no, no noisy power-eating machines into my home. Not until I buy a
> house, atleast. :-)
Well. A complete RS/6000 B50 wastes less power then a current PeeCee CPU
alone. (around 50 W)
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen