[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Wed Aug 20 11:08:46 CDT 2003

GQmpeg runs a bit better for me than xmms under IRIX.
I have a handful of mp3s that xmms won't play (bus
error) but GQmpeg will.  Never ran mpg123 before, but i
might give it a shot tonight just to see if i can play
an mp3 and run xmame at the same time.

There is an IRIXDivix player but it's not quite "there"
yet.  It is still under development.  Although to be
honest, i have never actually wanted to watch a DVD on
any computer...

mplayer works good for just plain old mpegs and the app
MTV (commercial) works just fine under IRIX, also the
built in movie player works well for the formats that t
supports.  the scubbing mechanism is kinda cool.

/KRM