[rescue] Gigabit Ethernet (Copper) Switch Advice SOught

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Aug 20 14:36:34 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 20 August 2003 20:11, Kevin Loch wrote:
> Where are these so-called MSIE-only websites?  I have never seen one.
> What kind of moron would code a site to one specific browser or
> browser version anyway?

Well, there are many sorts, ranging from the who-cares genre (read: warez and
p0rn sites) to educational sites, media and governments. And that's where the
MS desktop oppression gets a political dimension :-D

Very often the "moron" in question just needs a little bit of "digital
awareness"... Also keep in mind current browsers do a lot of imitation
(implementing IE specific style sheets) and guesswork (lessie, no DTD, no
charset  specification, well we'll render it as html4.0 transitional in a
iso-8859-1 charset)...

Some people actually (co)found nonprofit organisations to give the unaware a
helping hand... *whistle*

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be