FDDI, was: Re: [rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 20 08:31:56 CDT 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> >From the NetBSD 1.6U bridge(4):

--snip--
>      The bridge driver currently supports only Ethernet and
> Ethernet-like
>      (e.g. 802.11) network devices, with exactly the same interface MTU
> size
>      as the bridge device.

Well, that sucks.  And here's an except from OpenBSD's bridge manpage:

     If an IP packet is too large for the outgoing interface the bridge
     will perform IP fragmentation.  This can happen when bridge members
     have different mtu's or when IP fragments are reassembled by pf(4).
     Non-IP packets which are too large for the outgoing interface will
     be dropped.

That's better than nothing, although it's still not generic.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford