[rescue] u2 drive trays

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Tue Aug 19 12:23:25 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> > I've heard good things about SysKonnect.  For PCI, you can't go wrong
> > with the good-old DEC DEFPA.  Compatible with damn near everything.
>
> ...Except for what I'm running. :(
>
> That is, they aren't supported under IRIX (although, I'm going to tap a
> friend at SGI to find out who was the OEM for the Octane/O2 FDDI option)
> or OpenBSD/NetBSD on any of the architectures that have migrated to the
> new bus-address architecture.  I also don't believe they're supported
> under Solaris.

That sucks.  I don't run Solaris, so I'm not familiar with whether there's
a driver out there.

> I'm contemplating porting the OpenBSD driver soon, because it doesn't
> look like too much work.

Cool.  Doesn't it work under NetBSD/sparc64 already, or am I imagining
things?

> But, yeah, they work great under 'doze, DEC anything, or any PC
> Unix-alike.  The problem being that no PC or DEC is on the backbone of
> my network (where I want to invest in FDDI)--there're only Sun and SGI
> there.

It works on a variety of architectures here under NetBSD.  Alpha, PC,
PowerMac, and Evbppc, from off the top of my head.  There's probably more
there too.

Peace...  Sridhar