[rescue] u2 drive trays

Paul Weissmann paul at doorslam.net
Tue Aug 19 12:27:11 CDT 2003

vance at neurotica.com [vance at neurotica.com] wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > I'm contemplating porting the OpenBSD driver soon, because it doesn't
> > look like too much work.
>
> Cool.  Doesn't it work under NetBSD/sparc64 already, or am I imagining
> things?

nah, i don't think so. it still has endianess problems on sparc64
iirc.

> > But, yeah, they work great under 'doze, DEC anything, or any PC
> > Unix-alike.  The problem being that no PC or DEC is on the backbone of
> > my network (where I want to invest in FDDI)--there're only Sun and SGI
> > there.
>
> It works on a variety of architectures here under NetBSD.  Alpha, PC,
> PowerMac, and Evbppc, from off the top of my head.  There's probably more
> there too.

ppc support is quite new, from -current some months ago, as i recall.
but the driver originally ran on little-endian machines for quite a
while on a broader base (i386, alpha).
not so many people used this on big-endian machines, i.e. the defpa driver
support is not that far is on the little-endian machines.

	- paul

--
   zwei jaeger treffen sich. beide tot.