[rescue] u2 drive trays

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Aug 19 12:19:24 CDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> I've heard good things about SysKonnect.  For PCI, you can't go wrong with
> the good-old DEC DEFPA.  Compatible with damn near everything.

...Except for what I'm running. :(

That is, they aren't supported under IRIX (although, I'm going to tap a
friend at SGI to find out who was the OEM for the Octane/O2 FDDI option)
or OpenBSD/NetBSD on any of the architectures that have migrated to the
new bus-address architecture.  I also don't believe they're supported
under Solaris.

I'm contemplating porting the OpenBSD driver soon, because it doesn't
look like too much work.

But, yeah, they work great under 'doze, DEC anything, or any PC
Unix-alike.  The problem being that no PC or DEC is on the backbone of
my network (where I want to invest in FDDI)--there're only Sun and SGI
there.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford