[rescue] Do you remember when? Security software.....

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Aug 15 21:36:07 CDT 2003

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 17:12:15 -0700 (PDT), "Francisco Javier
Mesa-Martinez" <lefa at ucsc.edu> said:
> If you are in the Bay area, I don't know how it works for non UC students
> but you can try to access UCB's library and from there you have a jump
> station into melvil (sp), I have found the UC system interlibrary system
> to be fantastic. I am sure there may be no other library system out there
> with the breadth and depth than UC's libraries. So maybe Kalifornia
> doesn't suck that much ;) (still my favorite state after living half of
> my life in this country)

Inter-library loan is always your friend.  Basically, if it shows up in
OCLC,
you can have it sent to you from pretty much anywhere in the country.
But that's not really useful for journals and such-like that have high
usage amongst your fellow students, unless you are a *really* good
planner.

I dunno if I'd hold up in a liberal arts program these days.  I have
looked
at some of the lit crit that I had to read in grad school and it just
seems
so...irrelevant...has nothing, really, to do with what goes on in the
real world.  Not that it doesn't have value, in the sense of intellectual
importance, just that it doesn't seem like it's something I could apply
myself to after living in the "Real World" for almost 20 years.

Although, I have to admit, I miss the "it changes every three months"
aspect of college *a lot*. :-D

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller