[rescue] looking for a Multia

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Aug 12 14:10:03 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 01:52:38PM -0500, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> If we could afford
> more, I'd rather stay here and get a fractional T.  I believe the price
> difference between this apartment and much crappier one that is closer
> to work and better connected would be starting to be the sort of price
> that a fractional T1 would be (assuming that $300-$400 is starting to be
> the right ball park for fractional T1s).

Is your employer willing to give you connectivity to enable you to work
remotely?  And if so, how far are you from work?  You might ask if
they'd let you install something like a WaveRider wireless link.

> >   Oh hey, they folks living next door to me are thinking of moving.
> > They just had another kid and their house is WAY too small for four.
> > Their place will probably go for around $100K.  There's an ethernet
> > cable running over there..
>
> Yes, but then there is the jobs issue.  Remeber, I did send several
> resumes down to that area, and got no replies.

Dude, I have sent literally *thousands* of resumes over the past two
years.  I can count the replies on my fingers[1].  Employers don't
respond to applications any more.  If you don't fit the buzzwords,
you're noise muddying what they think is the signal, and worthy of no
more consideration.

[1]  WITHOUT resorting to binary.  :)/2