[rescue] looking for a Multia

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Aug 12 13:52:38 CDT 2003

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:34:11PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Oh, sorry, I missed that part.
>
>   Time to move.   [dave ducks]

No, it's time for the bloody utilities to play nice, rather than saying
things like "Oh, that area is well wired for DSL, so you should have no
trouble." followed by "Oh, now that you are committed, we will actually
tell you things about the actually location in question, and the summary
of these things is that we want to screw you."

It's a nice apartment, that we can afford (it might have been a better
idea to get a cheaper car, but the amount of difference that would have
made would have been minimal), in a nice location (we are surrounded by
orchards and friendly school teachers and a Doctor, rather than nasty
neighbors and nasty cats and muddy everything).  If we could afford
more, I'd rather stay here and get a fractional T.  I believe the price
difference between this apartment and much crappier one that is closer
to work and better connected would be starting to be the sort of price
that a fractional T1 would be (assuming that $300-$400 is starting to be
the right ball park for fractional T1s).

>   Oh hey, they folks living next door to me are thinking of moving.
> They just had another kid and their house is WAY too small for four.
> Their place will probably go for around $100K.  There's an ethernet
> cable running over there..

Yes, but then there is the jobs issue.  Remeber, I did send several
resumes down to that area, and got no replies.