[rescue] Open Source OS resources for Pen Computers?

Al Potter apotter at spankingnuns.com
Sun Aug 10 13:01:28 CDT 2003

vraptor at promessage.com said:
> I was wondering if any of you had any experience working with pen/
> slate computers and Open Source OS's?

The degree to which is it a time sink varies directly withthe amount of time
others have alrealdy dumped into it.  Ke is whether someone else has figured
out the touchscreen or not.

Best starting place is http://www.linux-laptop.net/, even if you do not
intend to run linux.  XFree is XFree, and getting the touch screen
recognized and configured as a pointing device is most of the battle in my
experience.

Support is very specific on a per model basis, so do your homework.  OTOH,
$60 ain't much of an investment.

AL