[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Aug 7 16:07:44 CDT 2003

Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> Nope.  But it could just be because I'm in a bad mood as well.  My boss
> told me to type a command, that had the effect of wiping out a .c file

IMHO the best way to deal with these things is to put an old slow computer
in a corner of the office, stick a huge hard drive on it and rsync your home
directory with the nodelete option to it once a day, say 4am.

That way if you delete a file, you can just go the "hot backup" and there
it is.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com 972-54-608-069