[rescue] good spring cleaning

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Aug 5 10:25:14 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, August 5, 2003, at 06:40 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Since the compressors are a pretty steep investment ($5k or so?) I've
> only ever seen nitrogen used at the places I play.  Which is actually
> preferable - that way yoy don't run as much risk of getting
> particulates
> into your tank, and it's not full of water.  Water in an Impulse will
> ruin your day fast...

Unless those bulk tanks are labeled Nitrogen, you still can't
be sure that's what you are getting--fields often have PB shops
fill their tanks to save $$.  You can get an inline filter to
snap between their connector and the fill nipple on the HPA
bottle to protect your air supply--not very expensive, really.
(Which is also why Smart Parts has built a CO2 regulator, and
states that the Impulse will work with CO2 and HPA in the doco.)

Impulse, eh?  Good poison, that.  I haven't got to play with one,
but I worked with them in my airsmith certification class.  I
have a GZ Intimidator as my main marker (the original e-Spyder,
but don't tell anyone I said that. ;-)  It just works.

I have an Angel LED (vintage 1998), and it is a PITA.  They
are about as complicated as the Impulse, but much harder to
take apart and service (which is why they have to have service
guys at the tournaments).  As soon as I get it fixed, it's
going on ePay.

=Nadine=