[rescue] good spring cleaning

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Aug 5 01:34:50 CDT 2003

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 09:10 AM, John Mothershead wrote:

> For those who have used compressed air, do you have a problem with
> moisture
> in the air?
>
>   I bought a nitrogen bottle and a regulator at the local
> welding/compressed gas dealer. Initial cost was a bit steep, $125 or
> so, I don't remember what refills are, but no to bad. I get a nice
> regulatable stream of dry gas. Works great!

I was going to suggest something like this adapted from
Paintball, either CO2 canister or a high pressure air/nitrogen
vessel.

However, CO2 is generally not very clean, due to the types of
industrial uses it is put to, unlike nitrogen.  You can buy
large (600lb) nitrogen cylinders used for around $300-400, so
a small one should be cheap.

Another alternative would be adapting a scuba tank, as the
fills for those are very clean (obviously), and relatively
moisture free.

=Nadine=

(well versed in OSHA requirements for handling high pressure
gasses, all of which are considered "hazardous materials"--one
of my many paintball certifications :-)