[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Apr 29 20:30:57 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 29, 2003, at 05:27 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> You will save 1 KW/hr every hour the printer is in low power mode vs.
> full power, so divide $75 by the cost of a KW/hr in your area, and you
> will see the break-even point... (cost vs. savings) Full power is 1100
> watts, the low power mode is only 45 watts...
>
> A profound difference. I had no idea my 4+ and 4mv are low power...

Speaking of power guzzling ... I'm just now getting power bills
back-dated from a meter misread... since running the Crimson full-time.
  GAG... I'm looking at over $800 for 93 days.  Time to find new home
for red brick....(well maybe not yet... but definitely time to stop
running red brick continuously just for distrib fold)

Andrew