[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Scott Newell newell at cei.net
Tue Apr 29 16:17:52 CDT 2003

>I recently got a Hp 4si ($50) and the only problem I see is running it all
>of the time.  This printer is old enough that it doesn't support power
>saving modes by default.  I found an hp part to upgrade the printer so it
>will support power saving modes(hp part# C2018-67901, a "Power Saving
>SIMM").  The only problem is the cost ($75), does anyone know if the later
>4si printers have this part included?  If so I might be able to find a

The later models had power saving built into the firmware (mine has it,
it's rev v8.8)--no simm.  Oh, be sure that you've got both input trays
loaded--it won't go into power save if one is empty.  (I've got a cron job
that puts my printer to bed at night, and wakes it in the morning.  Makes
the first page out quicker during the day, but I may rethink this strategy
as the days start to get warmer...)

newell