[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 29 16:27:54 CDT 2003

Postscript SIMM only $$39 for that machine at
http://www2.printerworks.com/cgi-win/tpwall.exe/Alt?C2013A+C2013A+HP+AS+4SIMX+PS

Cool page on this at:
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl01151.html

You want a 4si with a serial # starting with USDB and/or MFG after 3
Jan., 1994...

You will save 1 KW/hr every hour the printer is in low power mode vs.
full power, so divide $75 by the cost of a KW/hr in your area, and you
will see the break-even point... (cost vs. savings) Full power is 1100
watts, the low power mode is only 45 watts...

A profound difference. I had no idea my 4+ and 4mv are low power...

--- Joshua Snyder <josh at imagestream.com> wrote:
> I recently got a Hp 4si ($50) and the only problem I see is running
> it all
> of the time.  This printer is old enough that it doesn't support
> power
> saving modes by default.  I found an hp part to upgrade the printer
> so it
> will support power saving modes(hp part# C2018-67901, a "Power Saving
> SIMM").  The only problem is the cost ($75), does anyone know if the
> later
> 4si printers have this part included?  If so I might be able to find
> dead one and upgrade mine or does anyone have one sitting around that
> they aren't using?  As popular as the 4si printers are I am pretty
> sure
> that some here has done this upgrade...
>
> 			josh

=====