[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Joshua Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Tue Apr 29 16:12:54 CDT 2003

I recently got a Hp 4si ($50) and the only problem I see is running it all
of the time.  This printer is old enough that it doesn't support power
saving modes by default.  I found an hp part to upgrade the printer so it
will support power saving modes(hp part# C2018-67901, a "Power Saving
SIMM").  The only problem is the cost ($75), does anyone know if the later
4si printers have this part included?  If so I might be able to find a
dead one and upgrade mine or does anyone have one sitting around that
they aren't using?  As popular as the 4si printers are I am pretty sure
that some here has done this upgrade...

			josh