[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Tue Apr 29 17:03:33 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 02:27:54PM -0700, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Cool page on this at:
> http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpl01151.html
>
> You want a 4si with a serial # starting with USDB and/or MFG after 3
> Jan., 1994...
>
> You will save 1 KW/hr every hour the printer is in low power mode vs.
> full power, so divide $75 by the cost of a KW/hr in your area, and you
> will see the break-even point... (cost vs. savings) Full power is 1100
> watts, the low power mode is only 45 watts...
>
> A profound difference. I had no idea my 4+ and 4mv are low power...

Interesting.  Do you have any idea whether a 4 Plus with a PostScript
Level II SIMM and duplexer installed counts as a 4 Plus or as a 4M Plus
for the purpose of this page?  I'd assume 4M Plus, since the only
difference I'm aware of between the 4 Plus and 4M Plus is PostScript and
a little paint.

Of course, personally, my "power saving mode" is the switch on the front
panel.  ;)