[rescue] OpenBSD on Intel (actually)

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Apr 27 10:21:42 CDT 2003

What model did you say this unit was?

Andrew

P.S. run setup program means to enter the bios... only Compaqs store
that on a floppy or a special hard drive... unless this machine has
EISA slots.  Chances are your bios is locked out and configured not to
display how to get into it at first boot.  Did you hit escape when the
splash screen comes up (if there is one)

On Saturday, April 26, 2003, at 07:43  PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Linc Fessenden writes ...
>> On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Robert Rose wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm, maybe it's time to try the deliberate error trick, works on IBM
>>> 300GL/PL boxen at work.  Heres what you do:
>>>
>>> 1. Power off peecee, open it up and remove something like the
>>>    floppy cable or a simm.
>>> 2. Power it up, wait for it to bitch about the problem.
>>> 3. See if it throws you into the BIOS configuration to fix the error.
>>> 4. Make the changes you actually needed to make, plus you'll
>>>    probably need to amend the configuration to tell it there is no
>>>    floppy/less ram.
>>> 5. Power off, replace the floppy cable or simm.
>>> 6. Power it up, re-fix the error in the BIOS again.