[rescue] SCSI drive for sale at buy.com

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Mon Apr 21 02:33:04 CDT 2003

WD used to be the best in IDE drives, at least up until
around 97/98, then Maxtor started killing their market.
Now i question WD heavily.  As stated in the past, i
don't have any IDE stuff at home but when i do have to
buy them for work i usually go IBM (which is now
Hitachi) or Fujitsu.  Same goes for SCSI, Hitachi and
Fujitsu.  Although i have had good luck with Seagate
Cheetahs, i have had too many Barracudas die on me.

Of course, all of this is anecdotal evidence and not
really worth anything so......

I think every drive manufacturer has put out bad
batches now and again.

/KRM