[rescue] SCSI drive for sale at buy.com

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Apr 23 18:50:39 CDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 02:18:33PM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> Not bad for something off ebay... (since it includes free shipping).
>
> I have 4 of the SCA version of this drive.... so far I like them, but
> I've not been running them as long as my Quantum 9Gig Atlast III (I
> think it is atlas III).  Bought those Quantum's as bulk OEM drives....
> they have been terrific.

These are Western Digital drives?

I've had seriously bad luck with WD drives, IDE anyway.  They seem to
have a very high failure rate in the first 1-2 years if used heavily.

I've heard good things about the Fujitsu drives from a RAID user, but
most people beating up on drives seem to like IBM and Seagate.