[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Apr 21 10:53:21 CDT 2003

do it !

When I met my wife (she wasn't my wife then :-) ), she drove a Chevy
with an Automatic... then a ford.. then another Chevy...

Now she drive a 5 spd standard transmission Diesel VW Beetle.... I would
have never thought she would pick a standard transmission and a Diesel...
but those were her choices.... then I had to teach her to drive a standard :-)

It is a great car... with the turbo, it has plenty enough power (it is not
race car, but it gets up and goes pretty well anyway).  It has been ultra
reliable.... and other than some parts being made or installed cheaply
(power window switches... plastic gets brittle with age, engine splash
guard (underneath) which rather than putting nuts on the studs coming out
of the body they put star washers on instead.... cheap... and when the
snow got a bit deep, it pulled it back, filled it with some snow, and the
star washers couldn't hold it up... fell down to the road and ground itself
up.... doh !... now it doesn't have them :-) ).

Prices for one to two year old ones are pretty good too... considering the
cost of new ones :-)

OK... enough offtopic....

For something on topic... any last takers on any of that SGI stuff I
posted.... it's about to become a big heapin' pile 'o parts....

-- Curt