[rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Apr 14 10:18:45 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 04:46 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I have several problems with it:
>
>   - If the best thing they can do with their computers is decorate
> them, there's
>     something very wrong.

Agree

>   - Don't these people have better ways to spend their time and money?

Agree

>   - The notion of being "unique" by doing what everyone else in their
> crowd does is
>     pretty silly.

Agree

>   - Computers are tools, not toys.

Hmm I think computers are both.  We wouldn't really have a  rescue list
without the notion that computers are toys as well as tools.  I can
think of only a few things more fun than rescuing an old machine and
learning about it inside and out (it may not be that useful to me for
what I do in life, but I don't care)  I have no use for my Crimson
right now but I pay for the juice to keep it on because I love it plain
and simple.  It's there for me to putter around with.  Some day I may
actually need it who knows?

Andrew