[rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Apr 14 03:53:17 CDT 2003

On Sunday 13 April 2003 22:46, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I have several problems with it:
>
>    - If the best thing they can do with their computers is decorate
> them, there's something very wrong.

Some people paint pictures, others cars or helmets, others do computers. Most
of the people who casemod as far as I see it (I don't know anyone irl who has
modded his case though) use them for games and movies.

>    - Don't these people have better ways to spend their time and money?

This depends on a subjective view of what a good waste of time is supposed to
be. Some people spend their free time in their garage onder a 4wd
heavyweight. I don't get a clue what's so fascinating about that.

>    - The notion of being "unique" by doing what everyone else in their
> crowd does is
>      pretty silly.

And that relates to casemodding how?

>    - Computers are tools, not toys.

Disagree!! :-)

>    Though, personally, I'd never do this because I'm not eight years old.
>
>         -Dave

I wouldn't let my 8-year old handle a drill or paint spray... Given I had an
8-year old of course :)

--
Frank Van Damme    | "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
http://www.        | like saying a gallon of water holds more than it