[rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SCSI

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 13 15:46:36 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 06:48 AM, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> Ah, here we go again, the casemod bashing crew has woken up. What is
> your
> problem with some peoples creative hobby of changing a
> sting-in-the-eye ugly
> boring beige box you'd rather put away in a closet like this one:
> http://www.rjross.com/ever_mid_e4252_beige.gif (yawn) into something
> that at
> least fits nicely in a teenagers bedroom, that is, without coughing up
> for a
> 50000 $ sgi box?

   I have several problems with it:

   - If the best thing they can do with their computers is decorate
them, there's
     something very wrong.

   - Don't these people have better ways to spend their time and money?

   - The notion of being "unique" by doing what everyone else in their
crowd does is
     pretty silly.

   - Computers are tools, not toys.

   Though, personally, I'd never do this because I'm not eight years old.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols