[rescue] Why is everyone so OSX happy?

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Apr 11 20:50:51 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 09:32:32PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   I understand your comment about splitting hairs...but I think this
> hair needs splitting.  I have half a dozen systems here that have IDE
> interfaces in them that have never been connected to an IDE drive.

This machine's current motherboard has two IDE controllers on it.
Neither one has ever been enabled since about 90 seconds after the first
time the board booted.

(It also has three, count'em, three friggin' USB2.0 controllers ...  I
don't have a single USB2.0 device, and the BIOS provides no way to
disable them.)